How Cook and Waiter collects information and what Cook and Waiter collects
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- engage Cook and Waiter to provide you with a service;
- contact us by email, phone or the Cook and Waiter social media account;
- enter a contest or other trade promotion; or
- visit the Website or social media accounts operated by Cook and Waiter.
When you perform the following activities, we may collect the following information:
- when you subscribe to a list, engage Cook and Waiter to provide a service, or enter a competition, Cook and Waiter may collect your name, address, date of birth, nationality, email, phone number, or other information you disclose to Cook and Waiter;
- when you visit the Website or view Cook and Waiter’s social media accounts, Cook and Waiter may collect statistical information which analyses your online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends and other information for statistical purposes.
When you visit the Website or download any information from it, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and may record the following information:
- your Internet address;
- your domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to the Website;
- the pages on the Website that you visit;
- the type of browser that you are using; and=
- links from other sites that you have accessed in order to access the Website.
Cook and Waiter uses this information for website development purposes and the data is displayed to us as a statistic, without reference to your name.
The Website contains links to other websites and Cook and Waiter is not responsible for the privacy practices adopted on other websites.
How Cook and Waiter stores your personal information and security
Cook and Waiter stores your personal information using secure servers protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you use the Internet to transmit to Cook and Waiter any information, including your email address and contact information, you do so at your own risk. There are security risks in the use of the internet.
While we make every effort to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with Cook and Waiter through the Website could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that Cook and Waiter is not responsible for any intercepted information shared through the Website without our knowledge or permission. You agree to release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
How Cook and Waiter uses your personal information
Cook and Waiter will use your personal information for the purpose in which you provided us with it. For example, if you subscribe to the Cook and Waiter mailing list, we will then use your personal information to send you emails.
Other reasons for which we may use your personal information include:
- verifying your identity in your dealings with us;
- communicating with you:
- improving customer service;
- marketing to you through targeted advertising online through third party websites or social media platforms;
- processing transactions for our services which you have authorised;
- administering a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature; or
- enabling pixel tags so that our emails are in a format you can read and allow us to know if an email that we have sent to you has been opened.
Cook and Waiter may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to third party websites when you have clicked on a link from the Cook and Waiter website to be sent to their website;
- to sponsors or organisers of competitions to allow them to collect information about the entrants or award the prize of the competition.
- to employees, a related company and professional advisors;
- to a third party should we ever wish to negotiate a sale of the Cook and Waiter business, provided that suitable non-disclosure agreements have first been signed by those parties.
Cook and Waiter may use and/or disclose your personal information for other purposes that are secondary to the purpose for which we collected it and for which you would reasonably expect us to use it. These might include purposes:
- for which you have given your consent;=
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; or
- which we are required or permitted by law.
Before disclosing your personal information to any other party not mentioned above, we will first obtain your consent.
Cook and Waiter may disclose your personal information to overseas entities where those entities are contractors or service providers with whom we have a business association. Cook and Waiter may utilise third-party service providers to communicate with you and to store contact details.
Opting in and out
You may request for us to stop using some or all of your personal information at any time.
To opt-out of receiving emails, please contact us or select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in one of our emails.
Your access to your personal information and your right to correct it
You have a right to access most personal information we hold about you and the right to ask us to correct any information that you believe to be incorrect. We will require you to provide us with suitable evidence to verify your identity as well as to specify which information you require.
Please contact Cook and Waiter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to your information, or if you have a complaint concerning the privacy of your information.
Any complaint will be appropriately investigated and the outcome of that investigation communicated to you within a reasonable period of time (allow for 30 days). If you are not satisfied with the outcome or the handling of the complaint by us, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Cook and Waiter may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Website may not work properly or at all.
Changes to this policy